[Wellylug] Teckie-klutz requires competent geek.

Nick Jensen spoonfella at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 10:36:38 NZDT 2004

>I don't managed to set email up yet on Linux, so can't do that from the
>Linux partition, but would I be able to access the Linux partition from
>Windows

Accessing Linux from Windows and vice-versa is a whole other set of
complications, I'd say the easiest option for getting the output of the
commands David mentioned to your Windows machine to email would be to use
the floppy drive (don't tell me you don't have one...).

Assuming you do, and can copy and paste onto the floppy drive, just put the
output of the commands into files, and then copy them onto a floppy disk. To
send the output to a file, just do this:

>$ cat /etc/fstab > fstab.output
>$ fdisk -l > fdisk.output

and then attach fdisk.output and fstab.output to an email to the list.