[wellylug] Samba / printer /windows

Tristan Thomas tristanthomas at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 11 20:02:28 NZDT 2004

My XP machine has a really hard time seeing any other computer that isn't
also an XP machine.  What I have found to work best is do a search (start >
search > computers and people) and type in the other computers name.  XP
will never find the computer first time, but after 4 or 5 search attemps the
machine will usually pop up.  No idea why it works, but it does.

Tristan