[wellylug] got ya / 4

E.Chalaron e.chalaron at xtra.co.nz
Tue Oct 12 15:17:16 NZDT 2004

> would be interesting to see "hard trying" logs :)

I do not want to argue about what we defined as "hard", to me it was hard
enough to be a concern ... Basically he SSHed the servers with root, nobody,
apache, admin and so on. He has been doing it for 5 minutes or so..

Oct 12 09:16:47 sshd(pam_unix)[4806]: authentication failure;
logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser=
rhost=210-55-219-84.dsl.world-net.co.nz  user=master

etc......

Voilà ! hard enough ? but if people think there is nothing to fear, well all
the better. :-)
Cheers
E.