[wellylug] Finally going to do it .. only ...

Ian Beardslee itb at falcons.co.nz
Tue Oct 19 20:28:03 NZDT 2004

After fighting with Windows 2000 Internet Connection Sharing, Zonealarm
and Mdaemon last weekend, I've gone and I've splashed out on a processor
and RAM upgrade and went and bought a 120GB disk.  I'm going to leave my
40GB to dual boot Windows 95 and 2k.

Now way back, it was simple FAT, and then FAT32 and then FAT32 or NTFS -
now about to put linux onto my workstations I must admit I'm at a bit of a
loss on how to partition 120GB and what filesystem(s) to use.

This has been done to death I think before and hell I though what's
another flame war amongst friends :-)

** How do people partition their large drives and what file systems do
they use?

** Do you plan the purpose of a partition and then choose a filesystem or
do you have filesystem that is used on all partitions?

I'm planning an exciting long weekend :-)

Thanks in advance for your input,

Ian