[wellylug] Sarge approaching release

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:36:51 NZST 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:59:41 -0700, Ian Sterling wrote:
> My biggest question is whether or not the new installer will put 2.4.x
> on by default or still stick with 2.2...

But surely you jest!

2.4 by default, 2.6 at your option.

I'll switch to Sarge as soon as it becomes the official stable distro.
 Right now, I run Debian Woody on all my machines.  On my main
machine, I have backported versions of Moz1.7, OOo, 2.4.26 kernel
(<http://www.backports.org>).  Everything else is good enough for me
as is (e.g. KDE2 is fine for my needs), and the system has been
absolutely rock-solid (except when I ran a home-made logrotate script
and screwed some permissions :-( ).

Newer is not always better.  YMMV.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')