[wellylug] LICQ/RH9 problem

Persian persian13 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 27 15:38:09 NZST 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:03:03 +1200, John Fouhy wrote:
> >On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 10:23:34 +1200, Nigel Roberts wrote:
> >>This sounds more and more like what happened to one of my ICQ
> >>numbers. It just stopped being searchable, and eventually I could no
> >>longer even log in. I had to get a new icq number.
>
> I don't know much about instant messaging, but it seems to me that the
> scientific thing to do would be to log in using a Windows client
> (preferably the official client) and see if the problem persists.

I have not logged onto a windows machine so far, but I got a new ICQ number and new
nickname and I am online with it and gaim - ICQ. Then I went to the ICQ
web page and searched for me and it only shows one female in my age group
in wellington, the same one all the time, and not me!

Lyndsay

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation
and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feather so badly that,
beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would
depict the devil in human form" - William Ralph Inge

"The human body has no more need for cows' milk than it does for dogs' milk,
horses' milk or giraffes' milk."  ~Michael Klapper, M.D.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian saying