[wellylug] Write to CD RH9

Phillip Rose rosewong at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 23 21:47:20 NZST 2005

At 18:09 23/04/05 -1200, Persian wrote:

>I wonder if someone can help me. I have RH9 and I believe the file manager
>I am using to try and write to CD's is Nautilus. What happens is that I can
>only wrtie approx 100MB to a CD and if I select files that total more than
that
>the error message is " not enough space to store CD image 182 Megabytes
needed"
>Of course the message varies with the no. of MB's I have selected.

I know you've apparently solved your problem another way, but this lack of
space problem would seem to be lack of space in the temporary directory
used by mkisofs to store the images. This might be helpful if you run into
this problem again.

I tend to use the GUI cdrecord tools now, too, but I think it would be
worth the effort it takes to read the cdrecord HOWTO, and burn at least one
CD by "rolling your own" using mkisofs and cdrecord. That would help you in
understanding the options in the GUI tools.

HTH,
--Phillip