[wellylug] Samba shares not accessible

Hong Chyr hongchyr at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 20:52:35 NZST 2005

Hi all

I've been trying to set up a simple print and file server using samba,
which will serve several windows XP clients:

Server is running FC3/Samba 3.0.10. Configured a simple share drive using

[Global]
    workgroup = workgroup
    netbios name = samba_server

[shared]
    path=/tmp
    guest ok = yes
    browseable = yes

I have tried to connect to the shares using smbclient without any
problems. The server "samba_server" also appears in the "Network
Neighbourhood", but  windows kept denying access to the share drive. I
can't even browse the available resourses on the "samba_server" server.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hong