[wellylug] odd browser behavior

dugan bob.dugan at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Aug 7 08:02:45 NZST 2005

I ended up reinstalling suse9.3.  I noticed that shutdown was choking too,
reporting segmentation faults.  These are way beyond me.  I reckon they arose
when, as root, I tried unsuccessfully to configure a wifi card containing the
rt2400 chipset.  That locked up the operating system so badly that I had
finally to pull the plug.  The odd browser behaviour started to occur after
that.  The reinstall fixed both problems.

Thanks
Bob