[wellylug] \"People\'s Choice Community Member of the Year\"

Karin Purser lugroundup at k-sit.com
Sun Dec 11 19:37:14 NZDT 2005

Hi David and WellyLUG,

Just to bring you up to date with what the LUG Roundup actually is.

Every fortnight I notify of the new episode of the roundup in a simple
post with a brief description of the episode usually two or three lines
and two links to where it can be downloaded. One of which has bit
torrents available most of the time, but are currently down and are
being worked on.

The LUG Roundup consists of two parts.
Part One is the LUG in Focus. This is where I interview a designated
person from one of the many LUGs around Australia and New Zealand. Each
episode is a different LUG in the hope that an idea or interest might be
shared. They get to tell the rest of the community what their LUG is up
to and how they do things, Especially if they have a special event
coming up for eg. an Installfest, meeting or SIG.

Part two is the LUG Roundup. This consists of me running off all the
meetings for all the LUGs that will fall between that episode and the
can follow what events are planned and are coming up. I promote all the
meetings for the LUGs, SIG meetings, Installfests and special events.

If you would like be a LUG in Focus for an upcoming episode, please drop
me a line and we will organize it. Also if you have any special events
planned I would love to hear from you, just incase I miss it in the
list, as I get on average 150 posts per day from the lists and I would
hate to think that I have missed something important.

I would also like to add that we are currently averaging about 500 - 600
downloads an episode, and it's growing every fortnight.

I hope I have been able to answer questions, inform you of what I do and
what the roundup is about. In a nut shell it is for you the Linux
community members.

Cherio,
Karin

"May all you hopes and dreams be just around the corner"

You can find the podcasts at
http://mirror.linux.org.au/podcasts/la-update
lugroundup at k-sit.com