[wellylug] Gentoo

Nigel Roberts nigel at nobiscuit.com
Sun Jan 9 11:34:53 NZDT 2005

Hi David,

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 at 01:44:21 +1300, David Antliff wrote:

> The installation might seem pretty daunting to a newbie, but it's actually
> pretty much the same steps you'd go through to install something like
> Debian, but without the fancy front-end.

By implying that Debian has a fancy front-end for its installer, you
made me snort tea on my keyboard.

For the record, I've tried gentoo, but the ratio of time spent doing
things to the system to time spent actually using the system was too
high for my taste. This was a couple of years ago now, it might be
better now :)

Regards,
Nigel