[wellylug] Some 'interesting' targetted advertising?

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Jul 14 08:22:32 NZST 2005

My partner on her Mac noticed this  ad on the nzherald site this morning:

http://www.blakjak.net/images/nzherald-linuxad.png

Note the banner ad right hand side

"Is Linux Strong Enough for your business? View feedback here."

If you click guess where you end up?

http://www.blakjak.net/images/nzherald-ad-clickresult.png

Is this not a particularly nasty form of advertising? or is it just me?

Crossposted to WellyLug also as its kind of ironic, given their recent
visit by Microsoft employees.

Note I could not, on my Windows XP + Firefox combination, get this ad to
display on my system within a half dozen refreshes.  Something detecting
the user-agent, perhaps?

HMMMM

Mark.