[wellylug] Debconf5 videos + mirror

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Fri Jul 29 11:36:59 NZST 2005

As some of you may know Debian held a conference recently in Helsinki,
Finland -- Debconf5: http://www.debconf.org/debconf5/.

An enterprising bunch of people videoed pretty much all the sessions
and made them available at:

http://dc5video.debian.net/

Since they appear to all be released under an MIT license, and because
the generosity of Citylink and my ISP I've made copies of them available
_on_WIX_only_ at:

http://video-wix.fx.net.nz/mirrors/dc5video.debian.net/

If you/your ISP can reach WIX (the Wellington Internet Exchange) then
feel free to grab them locally.  There's about 7GB of video in total, in
MPEG files.  The one I watched at random seemed pretty well done.

If your ISP won't let you reach WIX -- which unfortunately includes most
ADSL and TelstraClear Cable users -- then you won't be able to reach the
mirror.  Sorry.  Perhaps ask your ISP nicely to provide access to WIX
hosted content.

Ewen