[wellylug] CCUX install stops at "vesafb"

Rosemary McGillicuddy mcgillra at infogen.net.nz
Tue May 10 16:18:55 NZST 2005

Simon Antliff wrote:
> On 5/10/05, Rosemary McGillicuddy <mcgillra at infogen.net.nz> wrote:
>
>>I've now tried all the cheat codes and still get same result - it stalls
>>at "vesafb:scrolling:redraw".  It's possible I'm not waiting long
>>enough, but I wait until I hear the computer stop working.
>>I've posted again on CCUX forum, but meantime any suggestions for a
>>distro for a newbie to try?
>>Thanks
>>
>>--
>>Rosemary
>

> Have you tried a Live CD of a distro? Ubuntu, Gentoo, Morphix, Knoppix
> etc have them, if you want to play around.

Yes - I get very frustrated with having to configure everything every
time I boot.  Be better once I get a second machine, as I guess I could
leave it running, and have an opportunity to spend a decent amount of
time on it.  Tried knoppix (an old version) and ubuntu.

--
Rosemary

Registered Linux User # 386597  http://counter.li.org
"A friend may well be a masterpiece of nature".  Emerson