[wellylug] re: music

Hamish Low sub_acoustic at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Nov 30 12:56:11 NZDT 2005

hi pete
 that sounds a little depressing cause i really need something that works, how long ago were you playing around with linux audio apps? recently or a while ago? maybe for a desktop user like me i should have waited a few more years, but i'll try anyway, steep learning curve all this.  one thing though linux is futureproof whereas all the commercial apps for mac and win will one day have licenses you can't cheat with, and require an endless stream of money.

 another question, I need to use a specific piece of software that is only ported for Windows, in order to run in through WINE do i need to actually have windows on my laptop (i already got rid of it) or does it just need to be in a DOS partition, and if so can i create a small one in linux, alternately and this may be easier, i could get a USB stick, install the software on a windows computer and then just plug it into my linux laptop when i needed to use it...this may work if windows is not actually needed...

 peace