[wellylug] Wellylug BBQ 2005[Wifi]

Jo 'Mangee' Booth thegeek at mangee.net.nz
Wed Nov 30 21:52:01 NZDT 2005

On 30/11/2005, at 10:54 , Ian Beardslee wrote:

>> Because you won't find my SSID since my wireless is hardly ever on.

Suffering from lack of a laptop?

> Mine are always on.

Mmm. On is good. Saves walking all the way to turn it on once your
are already on the couch or in the backyard. At least one of my APs/
ssid's is open and free, and the another is only MAC filtered..
another is very directional, and another tends to fall over every
hour or so, so you'd only get 900 Mb or so of internet in that
time..  The open/free one only has tin foil and a fence protecting
it... which means unless you have more than a few db gain antenna you
have to come sit/stand within range of the webcams to access it.. I'd
actively encourage you to come use it.. but I can't be bothered.

> he who dies with the most toys wins, right?  :-)

Indeed.

-Jo.