[wellylug] vectorlinux 5.1

Rosemary McGillicuddy mcgillra at infogen.net.nz
Mon Sep 26 12:45:22 NZST 2005

Bill Christiansen wrote:

> On 9/21/05, *Rosemary McGillicuddy* <mcgillra at infogen.net.nz
> <mailto:mcgillra at infogen.net.nz>> wrote:
>
>     After many attempts, and giving up, I finally have VL v5 installed.
>     Apparently 5.1 has sylpheed, xfce, and firefox, and I am keen to try it.
>       Can anyone download and do 2 for 1 deal?  Thanks
>     --
>     Rosemary
>     ~ ~ ~ ~
>     Registered Linux User #386597
>     ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>
>       The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
>     between a mermaid and a seal.
>                     -- Mark Twain
>

>     --
>     Hi Rosemary,
>

> It might be worthwhile trying a bittorrent download from
> www.linuxtracker.org <http://www.linuxtracker.org>, even with 5kb/s on
> dialup you could have your iso in 24 hrs. Bittorrent downloads are very
> reliable (even at low bandwidth) and can be stopped & started at any
> time so it could download while you're at work or asleep. Here's the
> torrent for Vector: http://www.linuxtracker.org/torrents-details.php?id=464
>
> Bill

Thanks for that idea - worth keeping that in mind for the future.

--
Rosemary
~ ~ ~ ~
Registered Linux User #386597

  Hier liegt ein Mann ganz obnegleich;
Im Leibe dick, an Suden reich.
Wir haben ihn in das Grab gesteckt,	Here lies a man with sundry flaws
Weil es uns dunkt er sei verreckt.	And numerous Sins upon his head;
					We buried him today because
					As far as we can tell, he's dead.

		-- PDQ Bach's epitaph, as requested by his cousin Betty
		   Sue Bach and written by the local doggeral catcher;
		   "The Definitive Biography of PDQ Bach", Peter Schickele