[wellylug] Very Important: Meeting of 13th Feb 2005

jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Tue Feb 14 16:18:42 NZDT 2006

I agree.

Most of the people who usually say we don't need organisation or don't
need leaders usually contribute bugger all when it comes to actually
getting stuff done like installfests, meetings, welcoming new members
and having some semblance of a idea of how we could improve things for
the local linux community.

Most of the arguments that we had in the org_group were caused by people
who actually weren't prepared to contribute or actually get stuff done.

In other words, all mouth and no trousers.

Basically you just need commitment from certain individuals to get stuff
done. But this is not missionary work, and people need some reward.
Being known as the hallowed leader is one form of that.

Jethro's been doing a stirling job as our webmaster for god knows how
long. I'd support him extending that role.

jamie