[wellylug] IRQ Conflict?

jumbophut jumbophut at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:44:30 NZDT 2006

On 1/6/06, Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> does anyone know how/if you can change the IRQ of a PCI device?

The following command will return the parameters you can set using a module:
/sbin/modinfo name_of_driver_for_pci_device

One of these, especially for sound devices, is usually the IRQ.

Of course, the fact that you can set it doesn't necessarily change the
IRQ it is actually on, at a hardware level.  I have mainly used the
IRQ parameter to tell the driver where to find an ISA sound device,
which has a fixed IRQ, so I'm not so much changing the IRQ as giving
the module the right one.

--
Tony (echo 'spend!,pocket awide' | sed 'y/acdeikospntw!, /l at omcgtjuba.phi/')