[wellylug] IRQ Conflict?

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jedolinux.com
Fri Jan 6 12:59:03 NZDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:44 +1300, jumbophut wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com> wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > does anyone know how/if you can change the IRQ of a PCI device?
> >

> The following command will return the parameters you can set using a module:
> /sbin/modinfo name_of_driver_for_pci_device
>
> One of these, especially for sound devices, is usually the IRQ.
>
> Of course, the fact that you can set it doesn't necessarily change the
> IRQ it is actually on, at a hardware level.  I have mainly used the
> IRQ parameter to tell the driver where to find an ISA sound device,
> which has a fixed IRQ, so I'm not so much changing the IRQ as giving
> the module the right one.

passing an IRQ option I think is to allow linux to see the device,
rather than setting it. I'll have to do some playing around to see if it
does work though.

And Andrej, the BIOS (at least on this machine) has no option like that.
It can reserve IRQ's of ISA devices, but can't do anything with PCI.

thanks,

--
Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jedolinux.com>

www.jethrocarr.jedolinux.com