[wellylug] Widescreen LCD with Xorg

David Antliff david.antliff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 22:56:18 NZDT 2006

Jethro Carr wrote:
> Does anyone (not "someone", Bret! ;-) know how I get the settings for
> ModeLine or alternatively, know how to get this monitor to work! It
> wants stuff like the Hdisp, which I have never heard of before.

Since ModeLine magic was more common with older hardware and therefore
XFree86 / X11 et al, you might get more results *not* searching for Xorg.

Do you have enough info for this?

http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl

I wouldn't imagine you can destroy an LCD monitor with incorrect
timings, especially if you use the DVI, but I wouldn't take my word for
it. But if you feel lucky, maybe just play around with the settings you
don't have data for and see what happens...

--
David.