[wellylug] Installing Linux

Steve steve at twininstallations.co.nz
Wed Mar 15 12:24:35 NZDT 2006

Ok I am new to Linux, never used it and basically just want to be a user if
that makes sense. I am sick of windows but I know I will need to use it from
time to time as it is my Laptop I use to do all my customer invoicing on
with specific software.

Because I am new to this I wouldn't have a clue on what the best "any idiot
can use" version is, plus the possibility of using some of my windows
software on it as well.

I use the laptop mainly to bill my customers using a program called
"cashbook complete" so would need a version that would allow this to run, or
some software I can run on linux to replace this.

I am not sure if there is anyone who could possibly do an installation of it
on my laptop either as again I am new to this so an installation may be way
over my head.

My Laptop is an asus Z900u athlon 64bit with a built in wireless network
cark which I use to connect to the network and the internet.

If anyone can and wants to help out please email me

steve at twininstallations.co.nz