[wellylug] need a linux copy

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed Mar 22 06:22:47 NZST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 23:25 +1200, Shaun Houlihan wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to instal a linux OS on my computer but i don't have a cd
> burner. Would
> anyone be able to make me a copy of either the Debian or Fedora Core
> installation cds and ill pay for the cd media.

Hi Shaun

If you call in to Catalyst IT you can pick up an official CD set of
Ubuntu (a Debian derivative) for either Intel or AMD64 - we have them
sitting on the table in our entrance foyer for people to help
themselves.

Each CD set includes an install CD and a LiveCD so you can try out
Ubuntu without disturbing your existing OS install.  You don't have to
pay because Mark Shuttleworth is giving them away :-)

Catalyst are on Level 2 of Eagle Technology House which is number 150
Willis Street (between the Boulcott St and Dixon Street intersections).
It's the same building that LAN Place are in.

Cheers
Grant