[wellylug] 3Ware 8000 Series RAID Cards

Geraint M. Jones G.Jones at french-maid.co.nz
Wed Mar 22 09:32:23 NZST 2006

Any "real" raid card will work happily with Linux

We have used a 3ware 7506-12 while playing with iSCSI (eventually we got
an external iSCSI enclosure)

There are some real benefits to a proper enclosure and attaching a
buzzer to the raid card

Geraint Jones
Systems Administrator
French Maid Foods Limited