[wellylug] Email threads

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Sat Nov 11 19:01:42 NZDT 2006

wellylug at addict.net.nz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this - does anyone have any
> links to FAQs, HowTo lists or maybe RFCs regarding the use of threads in
> email conversations, from a developer point of view (ie how to implement
> them)?
>
> I've tried Ye Olde Google, but it seems to bring back pages with forums on
> them instead.
>
> Thanks
> Darryl.
Here are some helpful pages that may provide assistance, especially if
you want to set the rules for a list of your own:
How to ask questions (on a list)
http://www.local.nu/HelpDesk/index.php/How_to_ask_questions
Over quoting
http://www.modecideas.com/faq95.html
Changing the subject (of a thread)
http://www.modecideas.com/faq96.html
List conduct
http://www.modecideas.com/faq99listconduct.html

I hope these provide you with useful material...
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246