[wellylug] VMware

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Tue Nov 14 13:28:59 NZDT 2006

--- Rob Giltrap <rob at kiwihq.com> wrote:

> Just upgraded my note book to 1.2GB of memory so I can concurrently run
> WinXP/Solaris/Linux via VM-Ware.
>
> Before I embark on this adventure anyone had any
> experience/issues/gotchas with Linux running within VM-Ware?

Just one, from a workshop I was on at a University of Hawaii computer lab.

All Windows boxes with Linux on via VMware. Running an OS mapping package.
Linux performance ground to a halt at around 14:00 each afternoon on every box.
That's when Windows did it's virus check.

So, as with any virtual machine, loading up the system on any of the instances
will slow down other VM's.

Cheers,

  Brent