[wellylug] MythTV and TV Listings

Phillip Hutchings sitharus at sitharus.com
Thu Jan 18 09:08:22 NZDT 2007

On 1/18/07, Alex Thomson <Alex.Thomson at solnetsolutions.co.nz> wrote:
> The only one I know of in NZ is Reven's xmlTVNZ.  It's .NET based
> though, but you might be able to wrangle something.  He has a really
> good HTPC site that's NZ based (http://www.reven.co.nz/)
>
> Otherwise, I know of a friend in Welly who is an HTPC nut who might be
> able to host this file somewhere (if you are keen let me know and I'll
> drop a word in his ear)

Screenscraping the TVNZ site is easy, but you really need to do Prime
and C4 as TVNZ sometimes drops the listings. Most frequently it's
prime. I have a Ruby script that scrapes TVNZ and outputs text if
anyone wants it.

I really don't see why providers charge such ridiculous fees for
access to their listings, it's like they don't want people to watch...

--
Phillip Hutchings
http://www.sitharus.com/