[wellylug] MythTV and TV Listings

David Harrison david.harrison at stress-free.co.nz
Thu Jan 18 13:10:03 NZDT 2007

xmlTVNZ works like a charm through Mono.
http://www.reven.co.nz/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=57

In many distributions you need to have the Mono and Mono-web packages
installed for things to work.
Once Mono is installed just unzip xmlTVNZ to a directory of your
choosing and run using a command like the following:

mono xmlTVNZ.exe /tmp/tvguide.xml -offset +1200 tv1 tv2 sky_tv3 tvnz4
sky_prime maori

If you don't want to set xmlTVNZ up then my output from the about
command is available here:
http://www.stress-free.co.nz/documents/tvguide.xml

This creates a xml file at /tmp/tvguide.xml which includes the free
program listings.
See the xmlTVNZ documentation for all the channel scrapers possible.

David