[wellylug] Website not visible (config file)

michael at diaspora.gen.nz michael at diaspora.gen.nz
Wed Jan 31 14:24:39 NZDT 2007

>That could be significant. I corrected the file according to your
>suggestions. The old error is now gone (replaced by a new one):
>[warn]NameVirtualHost *:0 has no VirtualHosts
>How interesting is that?

What this means is that somewhere in your configuration you've said:

    NameVirtualHost *:0

and you *haven't* said anywhere else:

    <VirtualHost *:0>
    </VirtualHost>

It's just a warning, so presumably you're safe.  In your case, you had:

    <VirtualHost *>
    </VirtualHost>

So Apache expected to see somewhere else a corresponding:

    NameVirtualHost *

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#namevirtualhost for
more details of how they have to match up.
    -- michael.