[wellylug] Website not visible (config file)

John Durham johndurh at spunge.org
Wed Jan 31 15:08:46 NZDT 2007

michael at diaspora.gen.nz wrote:
>> That could be significant. I corrected the file according to your
>> suggestions. The old error is now gone (replaced by a new one):
>> [warn]NameVirtualHost *:0 has no VirtualHosts
>> How interesting is that?
>>

> What this means is that somewhere in your configuration you've said:
>
>     NameVirtualHost *:0
>
> and you *haven't* said anywhere else:
>
>     <VirtualHost *:0>
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> It's just a warning, so presumably you're safe.  In your case, you had:
>
>     <VirtualHost *>
>     </VirtualHost>
>
> So Apache expected to see somewhere else a corresponding:
>
>     NameVirtualHost *
>
> See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#namevirtualhost for
> more details of how they have to match up.
>     -- michael.
Many thanks- that may well have been the key element! Apache2 now starts
without error messages. As to whether the server is up and running,
let's test it and see. Please try accessing http://modecideas.com
Let me know what happens now, thanks.
--

Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>