[wellylug] NZ Ubuntu Repository

Jeff Hunt jeffhunt90 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 10:55:29 NZST 2007

There is the issue of 700megs (broadband) as against 10 or so (can be done
on dialup), and if you have more than one machine and tend to share stuff
around you have the problem of having to use a cd which means backing up and
recovering the machine afterwards.
For my circumstances doing major upgrades more than once a year is pretty
tricky and for the people I help (including me) they might put up with me
trying to get new or upgraded applications into their machines but not a 6
monthly remake.
I have been telling people that 6.06 is a very good stable OS and they can
update the rest as the mood takes them because the repository will stay up
to date. It doesn't.