[wellylug] GPS software

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Oct 19 07:46:13 NZDT 2007

 Quoting David Antliff :

> Hello list,
>
> I think this has been asked a few times in the past, but I'm
> interested to hear from anyone who is keeping up-to-date with the
> latest in free/OSS GPS software, esp. Linux-based.

I use a reasonable variety of FOSS GIS stuff, professionally & privately.

I'm largely off the net at present, working on a fisheries survey off Oman,
(using a few of these tools, & with any luck, assisting the Oman Ministry of
Fisheries to set up & use a few as well) so this msg is from a brief interlude
on shore.

I've done a bit of GPS stuff related to this, but the www.gps.org.nz might be
worth a look.

I'm on shore now for a week or so, if you have any specific questions, feel
free to ask...

I'll be back in NZ in December for a few weeks before a couple of months around
Antarctica..... again using these tools :-)

Cheers,

  Brent Wood