[wellylug] ess sound card

Rob Collins robcollins55 at aim.com
Mon Sep 3 09:09:23 NZST 2007

Does anyone know what my next step might be if my elive gem installation
is not even recognising that there is a sound card onboard?  (lspci -v
returns all the harware except the sound card).  Not surprisingly
alsaconf then does not see it either.  The module that I know works with
it is module es1688.  According to the originator(s) of elive gem the
whole system comprises of a fairly unmodified debian with enlightenment
desktop on top.

I have tried changing some of the channel settings in bios for the sound
but all I get is error messages on re-boot.

Any help greatly appreciated.