[wellylug] console pipe

Persian veganforlife at clear.net.nz
Fri Sep 14 14:40:12 NZST 2007

Hi again

OK I have one lingering problem with my new Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

When I did the install from CD I chose English for the keyboard layout,
how stupid of me, we are all americans here!

Now its easy to change the keyboard in X however in my console
I have no | . I have tried all the keys with and without shift and yes I have the british
pounds sign still.

Is there any way to get my USA English keyboard back at the console?

thanks a lot
Lyndsay

--

"As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be no
peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and justice cannot

"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are
called medical research" - George Bernard Shaw

'The question is not, can they reason?  Nor can they talk?  But can they suffer?
Jeremy Bentham.