[wellylug] 1) Loading Ubuntu 8.04 to ACER 4315 2) Upgrading 4315's RAM

marchetti marchetti at clear.net.nz
Fri Aug 1 00:02:06 NZST 2008

1) I have an ACER 4315 ACER-loaded with Ubuntu 7.1. I would
like this to be on one side of a HDD  partition, which as
far as I am aware does not presently exist in my 4315's HDD.
On the other partition side, I would like 8.04. And in the
future, when 8.1 is released, I would like the HDD to have
8.04/8.1, and so on as further versions are released.

Is it difficult to partition a HDD? I get the impression I
am trying to run before I can walk...

2) My 4315 has 1GB RAM. I would like to upgrade to 2 or 4GB.
What does Ubuntu support? Is there a RAM size limitation?
Can only certain brands of RAM be used? I ask as ACER NZ say
they have only upgraded with Nylik (sp?) and Samsung brands.
Pricewise, I would like to use the Kingston brand.Cheers

Ken Martin