[wellylug] Configuring Ubuntu for static IP

John Durham john.modec at xtra.co.nz
Mon Feb 4 16:52:02 NZDT 2008

Since changing internet provider to Telstra I noticed the Ubuntu server
is not seeing the network or the internet gateway as it used to. As the
windows machines were easier to configure, this one is last on the list
so to speak. The new configuration on windows requires setting TCP/IP to
'Obtain an IP address automatically'.

Using information from this page, I have found those settings:
http://textsnippets.com/posts/show/319
It should be possible to edit them simply, but your guidance would be
appreciated. Under these conditions, which settings need to be
specified/updated? Note: Gateway is 10.0.0.2 (the others follow a
similar pattern by adjusting the last digit in the series).
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 497166248