[wellylug] linux sold preinstalled

John Fouhy john at fouhy.net
Fri Jan 18 13:58:49 NZDT 2008

On 10/01/2008, Jethro Carr <jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Good news from the world domination front, the Wellington region DSEs
> are going to be selling Linux-powered Acer laptops sometime soon.

I was in DSE Featherston today and they had one on display.  Specs
here: http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/478ff85c00582de0273fc0a87f3306ba/Product/View/XC5822
(if the link doesn't work, search DSE for "Acer Aspire 4315")

I didn't get a chance to play with it, but it was running Ubuntu.
$700 with $100 rebate deal and $100 if you want to upgrade to 1GB of
RAM.  Which makes it price-comparable with the Eee..

--
John.