[wellylug] Richard Stallman visit to wellington

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:05:55 NZST 2008

Greetings

I am organising Richard Stallman's (rms) visit to Wellington, thought
I would make the Wellylug what is tentatively booked thus far.

----
13 Aug
- Arrive Wellington at TBA
- Present at GGG - (www.up.org.nz/gadgets-games-geeks-08/) from 3pm -
5:30.   Topic TBA

14 Aug
- 5-10 min interview on Radio Active (www.radioactive.co.nz) Breakfast
show at 8:40am.
- Present at Victoria University Pipitea Campus
(www.victoria.ac.nz/home/about/maps/campus_pipitea.aspx) - Room GBLT2
(seats 150) - 12:00-14:00 (couldn't get any longer unfortunately) -
Topic TBA.
- Present at Pipitea Campus - Room RHLT1 (seats 300) - 18:00-20:30 - Topic TBA

15 Aug
- Nothing yet, working on a "CIO Roundtable" to get influential people
from wellington business / Government.  Venue TBA, attendees TBA.  I
am working on this today.

16 Aug
- Present at Massey University (www.massey.ac.nz) at 14:00-16:30.
Topic TBA, yet to be confirmed from Massey.  But working on this.
----

For those out there on the list, firstly I would be interested in
anyone who can influence their managers about getting a CIO roundtable
style 45 min presentation on midday Friday.  Please e-mail me off-list
direct to my e-mail.

Other than that I would appreciate getting the word out about him
visiting Wellington and attending any of his presentations at Vic Uni
by the Train Station in Wellington.

Any questions or suggestions not appropriate to the list, also just
e-mail me directly and we can talk further.

Thanks

Peter Lambrechtsen