[wellylug] TradeMe Linux jobs

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Sat Jun 28 18:48:38 NZST 2008

Yes, brilliant.. here's one example:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jobs/IT-Jobs/Networking-systems/auction-162923104.htm?key=721623

"Please send your CV in Word format (not as a .pdf or in .html format),
with a cover letter "....

Nice to see my pet peeve with recruiting agencies doesn't change...

(One recruiter I dealt with was fine with me sending a PDF once I defended
not using .doc - instead he asked me to do the modification to the
document for him.. he sent me back a jpeg and asked me to put it in the
header of the document so that it rendered semi transparent in the
background top-right of every page. Apparently this was demanded by the
company who originated the job requirement that the Agency was trying to
fill.)