No subject

Wed May 7 10:49:10 NZST 2008

commercial it feels.

I saw no mention on their site of the downloadable version that Michael
mentioned.  It's almost like they don't want people finding the free
version. ;)

I did manage to find a set of three ISOs dated over a year ago on
ftp.lycoris.com, however I'm uncertian as to whether or not these are the
latest version.

Given the age of those ISOs, and that only subscribers are allowed to
get the updates from Lycoris, then there are going to be many many
insecure computers out there.

In short, I find the commercial nature of Lycoris distasteful.  I feel
that it's breaking if not the word, then the spirit of the GPL.  If I
were an open source developer, I would be heavily against any of my work
being included in their distribution.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Jamie Dobbs wrote:

> Michael
>
> I must say that I cannot see how we can recommend a distribution that is

[snip]

Wellington Linux Users Group Mailing List: wellylug at lists.naos.co.nz