[wellylug] OpenWRT in NZ?

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Sat Nov 8 16:33:03 NZDT 2008

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Phillip Hutchings wrote:

> Many people use it, I use OpenWRT. The trick is to set up your DSL modem
> in half bridge mode, or IP address forwarding mode. This means your DSL
> modem is a bit smarter than a media converter - it handles the PPP
> connection - but does not do any IP level management.
=================

right.

i'm using DD-WRT with a DSL-302G as described above, but with a different
modem i had no choice but to run NAT on the modem. the way it is now, my
DD-WRT sees a public IP address on the WAN side.

if your modem doesn't handle half-bridge mode then you'll have to work it
out with an rfc-1918 address on the WAN side of your linksys.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities
 	 has the power to make you commit injustices."
 		-- Voltaire