[wellylug] Asus Eee PC 701

thefrasers thefrasers at clear.net.nz
Wed Nov 19 22:47:22 NZDT 2008

Thank you all for your feedback. I deduce that the 701 is
not a bad toy for $400 for an extremely portable Linux
machine that just works, with potential as a laptop
substitute (but not replacement), and with the drawbacks of
small screen and short battery. I will probably buy one for
the benefits above and experiment with the power modulation
in my OS of choice to see what can be done about the battery
life. And just treat it as a Clayton's laptop. I can live
with that.