[wellylug] (no subject)

Bruce Hoult bruce at hoult.org
Wed Nov 19 23:15:08 NZDT 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Tim O'Brien <timalot at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 701 is good for watching videos, listening to music, skype/IM ,
> wireless ethernet bridge etc... Also not a bad terminal. Battery
> performance means that you basically need an AC adapter at all times.

That's kinda wierd, because the iPhone is *much* smaller and only a
couple of times slower at most -- about the speed of a 400 MHz PowerPC
G4 by my tests, while the 701 is about the speed of a 1.25 GHz PowerPC
G4 (though the speed difference in web browsing is much less
noticeable than that) -- and yet the iPhone can play movies for "up to
7 hours", or browse the web via wifi for "up to 6 hours".  One of the
main things I use mine for is as an e-book reader.  I haven't timed
how long it can do that, but it's in the region of at least 10 - 12
hours.  And I find the screen far more readable than the 701 I played
with.