[wellylug] Re : music server running mpd

Rob Collins robcollins55 at aim.com
Sat Oct 4 11:15:32 NZDT 2008

 Got it sorted!  After trying all sorts of stuff including playing around with network settings, port forwarding etc on server client and router discovered wasn't anything to do with any of that at all!  Returned all that network stuff to what it was before and simply (after much googling for an answer) commented out the line "bind_to_address "localhost" in the /etc/mpd.conf file on the server box.  sonata client worked straight away after that with settings: host: 192.168.1.34 (ip address of my server) and port: 6600 and music dir: /home/music/Music (the music directory on my server).

Now it's going, the MPD server and Sonata client combination are as great as i thought they would be, so easy!  I can sit here on the couch with Sonata on my laptop controlling MPD on my server which is playing to my stereo speakers.

ciao,

Rob Collins