[wellylug] Email domains

Atom Smasher atom at smasher.org
Sun Oct 5 18:42:29 NZDT 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> Any tips on stopping spammers from using your domain as a source address
> in spam email?
====================

stop them? no.

discourage them? yes - http://www.openspf.org/

i implemented this on my domains a few years ago, and almost overnight
spammers stopped using my domains as a "from" address. it still happens on
occasion, but it's rare.

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.'
 	 Start where you stand, and work with whatever
 	 tools you may have at your command, and better
 	 tools will be found as you go along."
 		-- Napoleon Hill