[wellylug] Installing linux on a usb memory stick

Steve Macdonald dakmani1 at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Oct 26 08:08:17 NZDT 2008

Hi,

My laptop died, so did my partners so we brought one laptop however she does not want linux installed on it.

Is it possible to install linux to a usb memory stick and just have it boot from the memory stick when I want to use the laptop? and does anyone know of any issues that may arise with the hardware (So I can be prepared in advance)

If so what version would be capable? The laptop is an Asus F8 Series
Processor: Intel Technology Dual Core, T2370 1.86G CPURAM: 3GB DDR2 667 RAMHDD: 250GB 5400 SATA HDDDisplay: 14.1" WXGA LCDOptical: 8X DVD SM DL LS ODDGraphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS VGA 256MB VRAMBluetooth: 2.0+EDRWireless: 802.11BG 10⁄100⁄1000 WLANCard Reader: 8-in-1 card reader: SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,mini SD w⁄ adapter,MS-Duo,MS-Pro Duo via adapterWebcam: 1.3MP

      Get the latest headlines with Yahoo!Xtra News - http://nz.news.yahoo.com