[wellylug] MySky HD

Tim McKenzie tjm1983 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:55:15 NZST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 17:25:43 Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
> On 27/04/2009, at 5:18 PM, Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> > Google for words like dreambox and cccam and nz45 and there you will
> > have it. It's pretty "grey area" as the only legitmate way to access
> > sky content is via their set top boxes. But it should work with with
> > mythtv.
> >
> > Not really discussions that should be held on this lug.
>
> What you describe is something different from what the OP is asking
> about - the question, at least the way I read it, was about accessing
> the recorded programmes on the My Sky HDi PVR over the network.
> Nothing to do with illegally decrypting Sky DVB signals.
>
> -jasper

Just to clarify, myPVR's FAQ says:
"In order to get Sky TV channels you require a Sky TV subscription and
decoder. We can then interface myPVR with your Sky decoder using a device know
as an IRBlaster."
It also has some notes about the (im)possibility of preserving the HD in Sky's
HD content.

Tim
<><