[wellylug] lenny GUI larger than screen

Andrew Tarr andrewtarr at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 11:55:51 NZST 2009

Once in a while, my screen resolution gets reset to something crap, and I can't seeem to get the nice one that Ubuntu originally settled on back by using their resolution detection tool.

What I do to fix it is

dpkg-reconfigure xorg-xserver

and then the screen resolution gets reset, although I think I might have to log out and log back in again for it to take effect.  Perhaps that would help you?

-Andrew

-------- Original-Nachricht --------