[wellylug] wellylug Digest, Vol 47, Issue 8 - Big Brother Censorship

Lindsay Hunter lindsay at csw.co.nz
Mon Jul 13 19:50:29 NZST 2009

Like Jethro, I can see what the community is trying to address here.
There is an alternative.  It would not be a big jump in technology for
both the filtered and unfiltered net be available, and the user chooses
to request filtering by their ISP.  There will be a cost involved, but
it probably manageable  given they have already trialled the filtering.

What is more difficult to address is the strategy of suppressing, or at
least discouraging child abuse through porn. It would be better to look
after the children at source, at least for the children?

The existence or otherwise of a power elite is another matter.  I am not
a believer in such things, or conspiracies.  I have yet to see any abuse
of the video cameras in the UK but I expect it is possible.  Can you
provide an example?

Lindsay

Lindsay Hunter
0274 735960