[wellylug] "Chedder Bay" Exploit

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Sat Jul 18 03:17:25 NZST 2009

hi all,

Be advised that there is a new 0-day exploit floating around for kernel
2.6.30+.

It's possible other distributions with backporting policies may also be
affected, I have not tested anything other than RHEL/CentOS at this
stage.

This exploit does affect test versions of the RHEL kernel available on
Redhat's website, but it does not affect the production kernel release
as-far-as-I-can-tell.

For more details, I've blogged the information & links that I have on this issue:
http://www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog:20090718

regards,
jethro

--